Barbara Lynn grew up in the borough of Queens, New York City. Experiencing the challenges of being the child of deaf parents (CODA), she found herself in the middle of two worlds: the “hearing world” and the “deaf world”. At the time, there were no “Assistive Technologies” to aide her profoundly deaf parents in communications with the outside world. These developmental experiences has defined a visually oriented Creative Director focused on the exciting ways technology can be used to deliver and encourage outstanding visual communications, award winning User Interface and Experience Design for both Front-end and Back-end Application on and offline projects.
While attending Bayside High School, Barbara was among only 100 students (selected from city-wide high schools) granted to attend a special program on Saturdays at the Cooper Union. The focus was on experimental art and photography. That's when she got her first camera, a Nikon DSLR. After graduating high school, Barbara attended Rochester Institute of Technology as a Communication Arts major; completed a 1-year Certificate program in Computer Graphics Programming, Video Production and Post Production at the Center for Media Arts; and achieved a Java Developers Certificate from New York University after completing a 2-year intensive Certificate Program in Information Technology.
While attending Rochester Institute of Technology, Barbara developed radio programming skills as a DJ for WITR 89.7, a popular student run radio station. Later, after completing a course in professional radio broadcasting, she coordinated, produced and hosted a popular on-air radio show on WOND (Pleasantville, NJ). One of her video projects “Small World”, produced at the Center for Media Arts garnered a “Video As Art” award and aired on WLIW 21.
Continuing education pursuits consisted of intensive courses in Website Design and Development, Interactive Programming, 3D Design and Object Modeling, Creative Writing and Photography.
Barbara has worked both full-time and as an Independent Contractor before forming Lynn Creative Inc in 1998, a company that continues today to specialize in Made-to-Order Consulting (Computer Graphics, Multi-Media, Website Design & Development and Fine Art). Career highlights include:
- Fabérge Inc, New York City: At the age of 21 Barbara held a position as an Assistant Art Dirctor for five years working on Advertising Campaigns, Print Media, Point-Of-Purchase Media, Annual Reports and more.
- Graphic Media LLC, New York City: Production Manager & Computer Graphics Technician.
- Colgate Palmolive, Burson Marstellar, nVision East, New York Connect Ltd, New York City: Freelance consultant, production manager, multimedia, web design & development.
- In 2005, Barbara met her District Congresswoman, Carolyn B. Maloney. She tapped Barbara, “I trust you to get it right”; to propose, RFP and lead her new Congressional Website Project. One major criteria for the new Website was “Congressional Golden Mouse Award”. She indicated that she was particularly unhappy with the current website masthead depicting hot air balloons floating over the Manhattan skyline. In 2016, the Congressional Management Foundation awarded Carolyn and her new website “The Golden Mouse Award”. “While the volume of information could be overwhelming, the uncluttered web design, it's innovative layout, information architecture makes it thoroughly usable”.
- In 2012, Lynn Creative Inc principals Barbara and Peter Lynn relocated from New York City, New York to Santa Fe, New Mexico. They arrived in the middle of a snowstorm on a late December evening. Their first order of business? Locate the nearest “Trader Joe's”.
- In Santa Fe, NM, together with clients on both coasts in the Multimedia, Advertising, Insurance, Publishing, Music & Entertainment, Fine Arts and Crafts, Retail, Manufacturing, Sports and Political sectors, Barbara continues to blaze trails in innovative concepts, design and information technology. We look forward to blazing new trails worldwide.
If you have any questions about how we can help you to be you. Contact Barbara Lynn at
Email Address: lynncreative inc [at] gmail.com